On Monday 10th June the APPG and Soil Association are holding a session on Setting the bar for a Green Brexit in Food and Farming, guest speakers include:
- Robert Goodwill MP, Minister of State for Agriculture, Fisheries and Food.
- Helen Browning, Chief Executive at the Soil Association.
- Martin Lines, Chair of the Nature Friendly Farming Network.
- Shaun Spiers, Executive Director at Green Alliance.
- Nathan Richards, Organic Farmer from Ceredigion.
- Dr Viviane Gravey, Queen’s University Belfast.
- Dr Ludivine Petetin, Cardiff University.
The argument that the UK could have a greener agriculture policy outside of the Common Agricultural Policy (CAP) was a core plank of the campaign to leave the European Union, and has been echoed ever since the 2016 referendum.
The Soil Association has commissioned academic research to look for evidence from around the EU to test these claims, and identify what will be required for government to come good on its ambition for the UK to be the gold standard for food, farming and the environment.
The report, which will be published on the day of the session, will make a number of policy recommendations and a series of case studies show what is already being achieved in other EU member states.
If you would like to attend, please RSVP to firstname.lastname@example.org for further information.